The International Link is an interdenominational, evangelical Christian organization. Many churches in the Augusta area support IL by volunteering time and services, hosting events and giving financially. These churches represent a broad spectrum of Christian traditions yet we share the common desire to glorify God by showing Christ’s love to international guests in our midst.
For New Volunteer Application process and forms see below.
Opportunities to Get Involved
There are several ways you can support our ministry. Whether you serve by teaching English, being a Conversation Partner, donating furniture or money, or by simply attending our outreach events and providing fellowship and friendship to international guests, all forms of service are appreciated and needed to fulfill our mission of showing Christ's love to the international community. You can serve in the following ways. Contact us if you want to get involved.
- Teaching Conversational English through our various ESL classes. Our next ESL teacher training: To be announced. If you are interested please CONTACT BETH: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Becoming a Conversation Partner or a Friendship Partner
- Participating in an American International Fellowship dinner, a monthly opportunity to visit with our international friends
- Hosting or attending an International Military Student Dinner, monthly dinners welcoming military officers from other countries
- Leading or attending a Bible Study, weekly English-based studies of basic concepts of the Bible
- Helping provide food once a quarter for the Bible Study on Friday evenings
- Donating furniture, which is crucial to the ongoing ministry. If you have basic furniture to donate, please contact John Steketee.
NEW VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
New volunteers must complete ALL 3 of these components in order to become an official International Link Volunteer.
1. IL Volunteer Application This is a new feature on this website. If it gives you problems please contact us.
2. New Volunteer Training (see above for next training event)
3. A background check
IL is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that relies entirely on financial donations. The majority of financial donations come from interested individuals and churches. Whether you are able to make a one-time donation or give on a recurring basis, your support is crucial to the continuation of Link’s ministry. For all gifts, a receipt will be promptly supplied for tax purposes.
There are several ways you can make a donation.
For financial accountability, IL finances are reviewed monthly by our board treasurer and annually by Jones, Jones and Davis LLC, accounting firm.
Automatic Monthly Donations by Debit/Credit Card
Contact us if you would like to set up recurring donations and we will assist you in providing the necessary authorization to donate on a monthly basis.
One Time Donation by Debit/Credit Card
Please contact us and we will assist you in providing the necessary authorization one time donation.
Donation by Check
Checks should be made payable to The International Link and mailed to:
The International Link
P.O. Box 211011
Augusta, GA 30917
Please contact us if you would like to make a gift-in-kind donation.