What you need to know before starting this form.
We are so glad that you're interested in volunteering with The International Link (IL). Before you get started on this form, there are a few things we'd like you to know.
- Completing this application is step one - IL carefully screens all its volunteers, especially those who will interact directly with internationals. This APPLICATION is step one of the required three steps on the New Volunteer Application Process. The other two steps are completing a NEW VOLUNTEER TRAINING session and consenting to a BACKGROUND CHECK.
- Your application is good for 5 years - This application is valid for a 5-year term beginning on the date you submit it (hopefully today!) After 5 years, you'll need to complete an application renewal form in order to maintain your status as an IL volunteer. But don't worry, we'll remind you beforehand.
- One application per person - If you're married, and your spouse would like to volunteer too (and we hope they do), he/she will also need to complete this application for themselves.
- Three spiritual references needed - We will ask for the names and email addresses of 3 references who can answer questions about your character and spiritual life. One of your references must be a pastor, small group leader or other person on-staff with your church.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For best results - please use a computer to complete this application form. Data can be lost upon saving when using a tablet or a cell phone.
While you're completing this application, if you get stuck or experience a bug with the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
IL will use your contact information for communication directly with you and to help you communicate with international students if you so choose. We NEVER, EVER sell or share your contact information with other businesses or organizations (no matter how nice they are).
The application is divided into three sections. Please click the "Submit" button after completing each section.
- General information about you
- Your life and interests
- Three references of people who know you well
In submitting this application to become a volunteer with The International Link, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree with The International Link's statement of faith. Prior to being accepted as a volunteer you must agree to IL's Volunteer Policy and Liability Release. These will be emailed to you after you submit part one. You will be asked to sign these at the volunteer training you attend.
Volunteer Application Part 1: General information about you
Volunteer Application Part 2: Your life and interests.
Volunteer Application Part 3: References and Agreements
References: One of the references must be either your pastor or spiritual leader (someone who knows you well).